Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What small portable cab ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Hiya i have finaly decided to get a smaller more portable cab than a combo. I have seen a couple of small sized cabs that have good reviews. But im not sure which one to go for. These are ones i have in mind. EBS Neo 1-12 , EBS Neo 1-10 or the aguilar GS112 . What would you go for out of those. I need something a lot more portable than my 1x15 and my 4x10. If there are any other cabs anybody recomends. Sugestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lewis

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my Schroeder 1210 is a perfect balance of tone with volume & portability.... not one Neo driver small, but it works for me

3. :meh: You've got to give us a bit more info for folks to make an educated guess. What kind of music/how loud/how big is the venue/etc, etc. BTW, there's been a ton of threads covering this. Just search for portable, small, light weight in this forum.

4. Im sorry. Here is some more info. I would use the smaller cab for small gigs in places like pubs and small stages, theatres and practices . I use a 400 watt head . I did do some researce but there was not a lot about the EBS stuff there was a lot bout the aguilar but nothin comparing the EBS and the Aguilar.

5. Since there's been so much general small cab discussion of all brands, you might be better off deleting this thread and starting another with something like portable cabs: EBS vs Aguilar as the title. Maybe with the new forum setup you can just edit the thread title. Good luck!

6. Cheers for the advice ill do that . But im not sure how to edit a title or delete a post. I have never had to it before. I know this sounds so dumb :(

7. NP, learning to navigate around here can be half the work. Just go to your first post of the thread and hit the little edit button down in the bottom right corner (next to quote). Once you hit it your original post will come up and you have the option of deleting it or editing it. You may be able to edit the title of the thread at that point.