Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What some bands do for attention!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by QORC, Jan 26, 2005.

1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    This is amazing and ballsy. This Baltimore band posted a clip of themselves depantsing on stage and dancing. Unbelievable. This I would never do!

http://www.39mariner.com/

Click on "media" then to their New Year's Eve 2003 video clip.

I really was astounded that a band would DO this, but then post it on their website.

wow. Anyone seen anything as gutsy as this?

2. Pictures of young women partying in bars is generally not a bad thing for a band to promote.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    There is a band from my area, called Sons Of Poseidon, that does some outrageous stuff.

The bass player has shot bottle rockets out of his butt, they have shaved girls on stage, and several other things that I won't mention here.

4. hah my band is a culprit of this.

my singer wears dresses. pleather dresses. hes' a guy.
    but then agian he always does that.

my guitarist regularly wears a dinosaur costume.

it seems strange but it gets people to remember you and that can't be such a bad thing

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've actually heard of that band. And yes, I've done that on stage before too. I have no shame.

6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I did that sort of stuff in 1986. I am in a much more tame band. We are about the music on stage. 7 piece bands have to be. We make jaws drop by plaing the SH*T out of our music.. :cool: Leave them wanting more~~Always.. That is our style of music though. Cosmic Railroad

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    It depends on what you want to be remembered for.

Reminds me of a story.
    I was at a bar once, and this guy next to me started talking to me. He said, "See that barn over there? I built that barn, but do they call be Murphy the Barn Builder? No." I nodded, and then he continued. "See the road in front of this bar? I built that road, but do they call me Murphy the Road Builder? No". I nodded and he continued, "But you go and screw one goat..........."

<Rimshot>

8. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    Onatrio.Canada

HAHAHAHAH
    That's awesome!! Is that really a true story?!?! Who would say that in public?!?!

peace
    johnny

9. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Not a true story, but it does make a point.