What song is it?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by volker, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Hello everybody!

When I was a kid I used to own a tape which had a song on it I've always been wondering who it is by.

It's being sung by a guy and I'd class it as '70s Hard Rock. Its speed and the guitars are similar to Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher". All I can remember lyrically is that there are bits where the whole band stops and the singer goes "Just Like A Woman".

Does that ring a bell with anyone of you? Thanks for your help,

volker :)
  2. Shania Twain?
    the band stops and she says,"man, i feel like a woman" :D
  3. Close! But not quite! :D Shania Twain and Hardrock? I wish...

Thanks for making me laugh! @ superbassman2000
  4. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Bob Dylan wrote a tune called " Just like a Woman". It was covered by several different people. The ones that come to mind are Manfred Mann, Joe Cocker, and The Byrds.

BB King and John Lee Hooker also have songs titled "Just like a Woman" although these are not the same as the Dylan song.

Hope this helps getting you on the trail. If you find the answer, let us know!
  5. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    "Living Lovin Maid" by Led Zeppelin?

"Livin', lovin'... she's just a woman"

if thats it, it's off Zep II
  6. Hi ONYX and dmaki, thanks for your replies! I'll check out the songs you mentioned! :)

Thank God this didn't turn into a Shania Twain thread... :D
  7. Shinia Twain is awesome :hyper:

:D just kidding
  8. ...she's not exactly ugly, but her music rather sucks, in my opinion. But I also have to admit that I quite liked her "That Don't Impress Me Much" for a while after its release. ;)

And to the topic: Too bad, it was none of the one you'd mentioned. @ ONYX & dmaki

The song I'm searching for (as far as I remember it) sounds quite similar to Uriah Heep's "Bird Of Prey" - Maybe this one's by them as well?!
  9. ...and once again @ ONYX: I wish you a happy Birthday! Cheers to you! :)
  10. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003