1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What song is this? Jaco or Bullock?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Demon_Hunter, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    Found this on the tube

Its Jaco live in New York with Hiram Bullock. I love the first part and want to find a studio version of it, if one exists. Does anyone know what it is or any info of it?

Also, I heard Paul Shaffer and the band play the beginning of it on Letterman last week.

:bassist:

2. The 1st part is "Changes" aka "Them Changes" originally on the Buddy Miles Experience lp. It was also on the "Band of Gypsies" album that Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Miles & Billy Cox did as well as a few others.

3. For some reason I was amazed when I read that... it was like "WOW! I did too!!"

Then I realized how retarded I am..... :crying:

4. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Jaco sounds good on them changes. Close to the original. Well if the the Band of Gypsys is the original.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I don't think the BOG's version is the original.

The tune is from Buddy Miles' album, Them Changes.
    http://www.amazon.com/Them-Changes-...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1222943769&sr=8-1
    AMG's info-
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:wvftxqy5ld0e

FWIW, I have seen this album cost less at other sites. I may have picked up my copy from www.dustygroove.com

IIRC, "Them Changes" was a radio hit back in the early '70s...it was not a live version, either (the tune is also on Santana/Miles Live!)

...a nice cover of the Allman Brothers' "Dreams" (in 4/4) is also on the album.

EDIT-
    Looks like both BOG & Miles' Them Changes were released in 1970.

6. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    Excellent information!! Thanks everybody!!