1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What song is this?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by crazyguy832, Mar 17, 2008.

1. crazyguy832

crazyguy832

Dec 17, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Okay, so, I was messing about randomly and came across this little lick. Only thing is... I recognize it from somewhere... I just don't know where! GAH! Anyways, here's the tab. If someone can figure out where it's from, that'd be much appreciated. It's all on the high G string downtuned to an F.

|0---2-3--5--7-3-7--6-2-6--5-1-5|0---2-3--5--7-3-7--12-11|

Yeah, it's a really messy tab, and I'm almost 95% sure the second bar is wrong outside of the general idea, but hopefully you get that's enough for someone to find out where this is from.

Any help would be much apprecatied!

:bassist:

2. onlyclave

onlyclave

Oct 28, 2005
    Seattle
    "In the Hall of the Mountain King", part of the Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard Grieg.

3. crazyguy832

crazyguy832

Dec 17, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    You are AWESOME!

Thank you so very much!

:bassist:

4. Hi.

If fingered like this for example in G:

G|-----------------|---------------|
    D|-----------------|-------53---3-|
    A|---35-5-4-4-3-3-|---35-5--5-5--|
    E|356--6---5---4--|356--6----6---|

It makes a simple, but quite effective movable scale practise for both hands.

It WILL drive other people nuts in a minute or so though, so be careful ;).

Regards
    Sam