What songs do you guys play when youre feeling low?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by metallybassist, Nov 17, 2002.

1. metallybassist

May 22, 2002

i was just wondering what songs you guys play when you're feeling low, and you kinda feel like wallowing by playing some sweetass bass line, solo, or just any old song?

i like playing the intro to my friend misery, by metallica, or dazed and confused, but i want a few more sad sounding songs, but with gd basslines, cause too many songs that are sad and slow have really boring basslines.

any suggestions?

take it easy
  2. southbound pachyderm-primus
    i use my phrase sampler and do weird little ditties and just mess around for a couple hours.
  3. Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Red Baron (Marcus Miller version)
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

you can't possible feel sad or down with that kind if energy running through every bit of you.
  5. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i dont play when im sad...so i dont know.
  6. "dazed and confused" intro
    "one" guitar intro on bass
    "combersome" (7mary3)

and to try to make me feel better, I play what I have transcribed (from sheet music to tabs) of Fur Elise
  7. Noknok

Noknok Guest

Nov 3, 2002
    Medford, Oregon USA
    i'm only sad when i'm not playing.
  8. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    My Dying Bride - "Cry of Mankind"
  9. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Soul to Squeez--- RHCP

10. Ditto. That or Michelle Branch. Her songs make me feel all good and tingly inside. It's probably gas, though.
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    When I'm sad, I get angry. And when I'm sad/angry, METAL! Throw on some Slayer, Pantera, Prong, Gwar. Or grunge, Soundgarden, Nirvana. Angry music. :mad: :mad: :D
  12. Ain't No Blue Eyes... i know its kinda cheesy chosing a song by my own band but the sax in that song is the saddest thing i have ever heard... we will be recording in a few weeks... ill have a link to it then.
  13. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Tower of power - squib cakes. Although i never 'feel down', just occaisonaly drained, eg' turning home from college (its a cr*ppy 45 minute bus drive :mad: )