1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What songs should I buy from Victor Wooten? Just got some itunes money...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassmasta05, Mar 2, 2008.

1. bassmasta05

bassmasta05

Jun 14, 2006
    I just got some itunes money and want to start listening to more different kinds of music.

So what are Victor Wooten's best songs? Preferably songs that hes singing in... Im thinking of buying the Soul Circus album.

I know this thread is about Victor Wooten, but if there are any other must have songs from different jazz bassists, let me know.

I never listen to jazz(i mainly listen to punk, pop-punk, rock, emo) but I want to become a better bass player and jazz is full of great bassists.

2. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    soul circus is a nice album, id say get "miss u" but palmystery isnt out yet (unless you got it at a concert)

its all good, really. he also, imo, sounds much worse in the recordings than live

3. bassmasta05

bassmasta05

Jun 14, 2006
    yea im probably ganna get palmystery and i might get soul circus, I probably will.

i love live music a lot more than recordings. I went to a victor wooten myspace(theres a few) and listened to hero live, I really like that song.

4. Rock to Jazz is quite a big leap, if you're not into lots of brass, just buy a couple of songs to make sure you like it...
    That said, I was listning to punk-rock 6 months ago, but haven't listened to anything but prog rock and Jazz Fusion since then...
    Off topic, I'm Really getting into King and wanted to know, is "Starless and Bible Black" (the album) the same style as "Starless and Bible Black" (the song) all the way through? (That'd be a good thing for me)

5. get fall out boy