Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What sort of adapter do these pedals need...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hvingsand, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Of course, all adapters made especcially for these brands will fit. But can I use e.g. Godlyke PowerAll for all these?

1) EBS-pedals... Some say it uses the same input as Boss pedals... true/false?

2) Akai Deep Impact... A bit hard to find an europeian adapter for these, so I'd be happy if something else fits.

3) Aphex pedals...

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    With the current Aphex pedals, Aphex says just about any adaptor that fits the jack will work.

3. Okay, but what jack do they have? :)
    Do you know it it is on the Godlyke Power-all?

I currently own just the EBS out of these pedals, so I do not know how the power input on the Aphex or Akai looks.

I'm asking bacause I'm looking for these pedals, but want to know what kind of power supplies they need first.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Akai pedals including the Deep Impact work on standard Boss barrel, center ground.

5. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, according to Aphex, if the jack fits, it works, regardless of polarity or anything else; the pedal has circuitry that automatically adjusts. (The Boss and Tech21 adaptors I have both fit and work in the Aphex.) The Godlyke should work (in fact, I'm getting a Godlyke myself soon.)

6. Okay, thanks!

So... does anyone know about the EBS?

7. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The EBS is a standard 2.1mm, center-negative jack, just like the Boss. The battery life on the EBS is so good, you may not even need an adaptor.