1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What sort of secret musician code did I violate? Exchange with Andrew Gouche

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MMiller28, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:22 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMiller28

MMiller28

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Screenshot_20190913-201815. Screenshot_20190913-201757. Screenshot_20190913-201803.

Attached Files:

Swerve, PennyroyalWe, ScotRFM and 3 others like this.
  2. Almost no one enjoys it when you take a swipe at their idioms.
    I know a person who uses "chalk full" all the time & he gets really upset when someone explains that it's "chock full", yet he continues making the same mistake.

3. matti777

matti777 Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    Its always easy to misinterpret internet posts but his little ad will surely rub people the wrong way....whatever that means ;)

4. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    Salinas, CA
    I fully understand the meaning of the original post - he will impart knowledge for a fee, just like any professor or speaker. But he seems to have left the R out of his last name! :)

5. MMiller28

MMiller28

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Dude, I legitimately do not know what he meant! I mean, I get the overall message, but have never heard that specific wording. It's like getting mad at someone for asking what "two birds with one stone" means.

ScotRFM and DJ Bebop like this.
  6. Jim Carr, Whippet, HolmeBass and 7 others like this.
  7. matti777

matti777 Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    I've never heard that expression either but I think it is pretty obvious what it means.

8. ShortyGetLow

ShortyGetLow

Aug 6, 2019
    Who the shag is Andrew douche?

9. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    If you paid him $150 he’d probably tell you.

10. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I knew what he meant. I just don't know anyone who I'd pay $150 to listen to.

11. Battle of the e-peni.

12. bearfoot

bearfoot

Jan 27, 2005
    Chittenango, NY
    The dude got embarrassed and defensive when it became apparent that the phrase "to sit under" is not all that common, and sounds quasi-perverted to people who lack whatever localized context it may have.

You can send $25 to my paypal account for answering this question, thank you in advance.

G-Z, teh-slb, Booty Shaman and 36 others like this.
  13. $150 per hour, wow, he must be a great teacher. He shows a real positive attitude, too. Sign me right up?

G-Z, rmayer, Mordamir and 7 others like this.
  14. He may have been a little rude to you, but you really upped the ante there, bud.

15. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    Lebanon, TN
    Lol, that one dude, “Face sitting, you will see what he means.”

Anyway, guy seems like he could be a little more humble. He definitely seems like an A-Hole.

16. This man is the godfather of gospel bass playing, he IS holier than thou! I believe you owe the man $150, no refunds! I also had to Google him.. ;)

17. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    Lebanon, TN
    Modern day gospel music sucks. I looked all this crap up, reminded me of that one mega church I went to once. Awful.

Gospel music used to have this gut wrenching honesty to it, some deep sorrow, pain, and rejoice. I think, nowadays, it is just another genre where they largely make music for profit. Throw some oh glory lines in, some lame bass playing and keys and call it a day. SouthPark got it right, no doubt.

18. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Sounds like he might need to spend a little more time reading the gospel.

19. kopio

kopio

May 8, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Jeez...nice to have a really objective opinion. For the record Gouche is a really good player, and as far as I’ve heard a pretty good guy. Poking fun at him for his choice of words seems pretty petty. IMO, it would be $150 well spent. Can’t believe people don’t know who he is...He has a signature bass with MTD...not just any bass company...M freaking TD....

20. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    So, no,"happy ending?":woot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.