1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What speakers in AMPEG PR410hlf?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimmyjames77, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Hey all. Does anyone know what speakers were used in the AMPEG PR410hlf cabs they used to make? The PRO series not just the HLF cab.
    Thanks,
    Jim.

2. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Emenence built speakers specifically for Ampeg. Nothing from Parts Express will be an identical match. The PR are cast frame as well I believe. Pull the driver and get the number off of it and order it from Ampeg or try to find it online.
    Wes

3. Thanks for the info. I don't own one but I did have a cab made by someone a long time ago that said the speakers were the same as the ones in the PR 410. They sounded great. I was hoping to find a cab, if not the PR410, that has them in it.

4. ....indeed. I remember when I was replacing my 15e cab speaker (changing it out from a 8ohm to 4ohm load) that the stock 'special made' one covered a wider range of freq.'s as opposed to stuff from Parts Express/aftermarket brands.

(Not that that's a bad thing..you just gotta know what you're looking for... .)

Let us know if you find something... .

Jimbob

5. Will do Jim.:)