Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what string is this?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by henryjurstin13, Dec 7, 2005.

1. I have a DiPinto Belvedere I got used... prolly not factory strings, but I have no clue. They are a pretty thick roundwound with bright red cloth wrapped around the ends. 4 string set is prolly .45-.50 down to a .105 (give or take) I have had this bass for about 1 year & I have never changed the strings. It was my first bass & I was still focused on guitar... in the past few months my interests have changed (as well as my duties in my band) so I am try to learn everything I can about the lows of the bass world. Any clue as to what string this might be? Is there anything else I can look at? I really want to know, because they haven't broke/stay in tune very well/sound great to be this old/etc... seem to be a great product & I would definately purchase these strings...

thanks, justin henry

2. Sounds kinda like GHS Bass boomers (www.ghsstrings.com), but there are many strings now with red wrap. However, I do recommend them, as they sound great and last a long time.

Of course, I'd also recommend changing your strings every 2-3 months, or sooner, depending on your playing habits.

3. no doubt about changing strings... I have been changing my gigging bass about every 2-3 weeks... sweaty hands & hard picking..... just got some denatured alcohol yesterday. like I said, I am just getting into the bass string world. But, for not playing this bass a WHOLE lot, just a little along -- these strings are freakin' amazing. Still no tuning problems & they still sound pretty good. If it helps - the winding of the string stops anywhere from 1-2 inches above the nut & that is when the red wrapping starts.

4. Looks like Rotosound Swingbass strings. If that's an english made bass, that would be my best guess.