What strings come on a Christopher?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by boombloom, Dec 6, 2004.

1. I played a friend's new Christopher hybrid yesterday. The strings were pretty thin with a medium tension. Wraps were all solid color, and each string had a different wrap. They had wonderful sustain and some growl. I know the bass itself had something to do with the sound, but can anyone tell me what kind of strings these are? Thanks.
  2. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Could be Jazzers by Pirastro
  3. I've been trying to find this out for months. They must be Chinese, because i've seen them on Christophers that have other names on them such as Kohr. These are, of course, Howard Core.
    Search around for some old threads started by me if you want, although, we never figured it out.
    IMO they're one of the best arco/pizz strings out there. Just don't know how to order them unless you wanna buy a bass.....
    Even our Francois could'nt come up with anything!!!
  4. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    To confirm, the silk wraps on the ball ends are as follows:
    - Blue on the E
    - Teal on the A
    - Red on the D
    - Yellow on the G

Jazzers would be:
    - E = orange
    - A = green
    - D = blue
    - G = red

Now Paul, don't you remember I sent you a little PM months back on the topic?
  5. Paul,
    They are Made in China for the Concord Group who is the U.S. Rep for Christopher.I sell a fair share of these basses and always take these factory strings off and replace w. Pirastros or Thomastics. I can order you these new or if you E-mail me I have a big box of the sets I remove that I could mail you some sample sets. When I do leave these on a bass I usually replace the E string as it is to dead for my tastes.
  6. Since my memory is failing me Brent, can you refresh it by telling me what was in the PM!
    Mark, thanks alot for the info on the strings. I'd love to try them on my Bohmann since i've only played them on one of the Chinese Christophers or Kohrs.