Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What strings do you recommend for RBX774

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Drumming Puggy, Sep 2, 2004.

1. What strings do you recommend for RBX774

I like a strong attack when picked but with warmth at the other end of the scale.

Appologies if someone else has put out a similar post, I have done a seach but did not find anything similar.

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I prefer flats on just about everything, so disregard this response if you don't...

I tried LaBella Deep Talkin' Flats on mine, and didn't care for the result. They're some of my favorite strings on other basses, but they sounded rather dead on the 774.

I put a set of Ernie Ball flats on it, and was pleased with the combination. Normally, I wouldn't prefer the Ernies to the LaBellas, but they were a better match to the RBX774. They're fairly bright flats, and give a good punch when desired; you can also turn down the tone knob and get a closer-to-P-bass sound.

Just to be clear, it was a set of these (there are a few different gauges you can select from):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/100610/