Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what strings do you use on your L2000\L2500?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Outta curiosity, I'm wondering what you guys use on your L2000\L2500, what you believe complements its sound, or just the strings you like the feel of on a G&L...

out of all the brands I have tried, my favorite so far is DR High Beams 45-120....my only - is that I wanna get a .135 B string...but I love how they sound on my bass.

2. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001
    Toronto/Buffalo
    D'addario Slowounds

3. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I have an L2500 (great 5 string bass). I use super long D'Addario XL170-5SL's strung through the body. Comfortable medium-light set and the B string sounds great.

Tom

4. I like nickel roundwounds nowadays; Fender with a .110 E this month. My favorite before this was Ernie Ball Slinky "standard" gauge, and before that GHS Boomers with .115 E. No neck damage, but my bass is a 1985 made by Leo. Most strings sound okay as long as I have my callouses in good shape, if I haven't played in too long a time and they go soft, the bass doesn't sound as good to me.