1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What strings have black binding on the ends ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TheButler, Dec 15, 2006.

1. It has been annoying me as i can't think where or what strings have black binding on the ends ?? Weird question i know but it is one of those cases were the answer is registered in your brain you just can't remeber the name !

2. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Fender 7250 nickel steel strings have the black silk on each end.

My favorite string, btw. I tried many fancier kinds, and the boring old Fenders turned out to be the ones.

3. jdlwareagle

jdlwareagle

Nov 13, 2005
    Mobile , AL
    Carvins

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

Yep, couldn't agree more. I'm done experimenting-Fenders are it for me :hyper:

5. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Labella Hard Rockin' Steel have black silks.

6. The Craw

The Craw

Jul 31, 2006
    IIRC LaBella Super Steps, Zon nickel rounds and GHS Pressurewounds all have black silks.

7. hmmm, there would appear to be quite alot then :) Oh well at least my original question has been answered thanks :) Might try those fenders too

8. Sorry to hi-jack the topic, but it would be unnecessary in my mind to make a whole new topic for this.

Does anyone know where I can find some red bindings?

9. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Not trying to judge but wouldn't you rather have a string that sounds and feels the best versus what color the silk wraps are? I've always been fond of DR strings and they have no silks at all.

Here are some brands that have red silks:

Rotosound Swing Bass 66 (stainless steel roundwound)
    GHS Bass Boomers (nickelplated steel roundwound)
    Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Bass (pure nickel flatwounds)

10. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I have a bass with a funky bridge that has top-loading, and it shortens the length of the string at the bridge. This means that where the string touches the saddle, sometimes there is silk wrapping there and it adverseley affects sound. I'll hiijack the thread again and ask.. which of the good strings DON'T have binding?

11. get some DR peacock blues hehe or hot pinks they have no binding

12. D´Addario XLs.

13. Bass.

Bass.

Jan 23, 2006
    San Diego
    the DR's are my favourite!

and they have no bindings
    (the ones ive tried at least)