1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what strings i need?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Züm, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Züm

Züm

Feb 17, 2006
    I just recently my first bass.. a Fender Highway 1 Jazz..
    I tried a couple of bass in the same price range and ive found that it was the better sounding bass for my taste

the bass had Fender 8250 strings on it... i like them but the G string felt too bright compared to the others... whenever i switch to that string while playing the difference in intonation annoyed me... i bought Elixir Nanoweb and now the huge difference in sound between D and G string is gone... but.... the sound now is weak, dead... not enough mid... not enough bass.... and the coating is starting to peel on the E string... i paid 65CDN$ for the set and i really regret it...

What strings do you recommend for clear, growly and bassy sound?

2. Züm

Züm

Feb 17, 2006
    i forgot to say... my hands are really wet and strings tends to rust under my fingers... so i need long lasting strings that i will not have to change every month...