What Strings on the Rumblefish?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Folmeister, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have had DR 100s on my rumblefish since I picked it up. I tried to put on a set of Sadowsky's today and they were too long. So were the TI Super Alloys. Do I need medium scale strings, or am I just having delusions? A set of Pro Steels went on well. What are others using?
  2. www.reverenddirect.com and the web site will tell ya: 4-string Bass: set NR45100L Long Scale (45-100).
    They come stocked with S.I.T strings, which suck in my opinion but they do last long
  3. I currently have a set of GHS Precision Flats on mine but I'll be putting on a set of D'Addario Chromes as soon as I deplete my string inventory. I've never had a problem with the length of the strings on my Rumblefish...I use "normal" 34" scale strings. I will give you a piece of advice: make sure your E-string is 100 or smaller or you'll have a hell of a time getting it through the bridge.
  4. I haven't experienced this problem. I've used a .105 E string on my blue Rumblefish for years, and my white Rumblefish currently is strung with the La Bella DGCF set.. the D string is .111, and it went on there just fine.
    To answer the original question, I like Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys on the Rumblefish. They really bring out its aggressive nature. I tried some TI Jazz flats at one point and didn't like them for that particular bass, but I might try some D'Addario Chromes on the Reverend at some point.. I've got them on my P-bass right now and they sound and feel great.
  5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Thanks everyone so far! What I am really concerned about is that some of the long scale strings that I use are just too long. The E string couldn't take enough on the post. The TIs and the Sadowskys were this way, but the DRs and the Pro Steels were not. All were "long scale" sets.
  6. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Hmmm that's odd. I have a few Fishes with different strings on each. No problem with length so far. Have'nt tried the Sado set yet, tho.

Tonewise I got good results with TI jazz rounds on a Fish. I too tried TI flats on a fish and immediately removed them. They did not sound good at all to me, which was a surprise, as I'm a huge JF-344 fan.