1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what strings should i get?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Casey C., Feb 23, 2001.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I just busted a "b" string and i was wondering what would be best to replace the strings i have on my Carvin 5 string? im looking to spend about $20-35 (discount).

2. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I ususally recommend D'Addario XL's, but my newly purchased 5-string set had a dull B right out of the package.

Dean Markley Blue Steels maybe? Heard good things about them...

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Why don't you take a look at DR's at www.getstringscheap.com? You can get a set for around $20-something dollars. They don't have the last set I bought, DR's "Marcus" (Fat Beams) but they have the other lines.

Many of the top bassists use them.

5. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    yea i was think of either dean markley blue steels (med-light) or some DR strings

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I'd go with the other suggestions, but would also suggest a set of LaBella Hard Rockin Steels. Cool strings.

7. I just put a set of High-Beams on my 5'r love them, however they broke in real quick...... I like the new feel........I still have them on and they are sounding great but I like a really bright string....These broke in too quick......