Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what strings should i get?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Casey C., Feb 23, 2001.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I just busted a "b" string and i was wondering what would be best to replace the strings i have on my Carvin 5 string? im looking to spend about $20-35 (discount).

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I ususally recommend D'Addario XL's, but my newly purchased 5-string set had a dull B right out of the package.

Dean Markley Blue Steels maybe? Heard good things about them...

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Why don't you take a look at DR's at www.getstringscheap.com? You can get a set for around $20-something dollars. They don't have the last set I bought, DR's "Marcus" (Fat Beams) but they have the other lines.

Many of the top bassists use them.

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    yea i was think of either Dean Markley blue steels (med-light) or some DR strings

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I'd go with the other suggestions, but would also suggest a set of Labella Hard Rockin Steels. Cool strings.

6. I just put a set of High-Beams on my 5'r love them, however they broke in real quick...... I like the new feel........I still have them on and they are sounding great but I like a really bright string....These broke in too quick......