What strings would you use on a G&L L2000?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Jan 8, 2006.

1. I'm picking up my new L2K tribute tomorrow and will be having the guys at the shop put a new set of string on it. I want good foundational bass tone that will cut through the mix. I don't like the brightness of stainless stell strings, so it should either be nickel rounds or flats. I've heard great things about TI strings, and I'll be able to afford them with what I got from a recent bass sale. I play fingerstyle and need the strings to be versatile so I could use them with driving/aggressive songs or more subdued worship type songs - this will be my only bass.

What do you think?
  2. I'd get some Ernie Ball Slinkys -- inexpensive, great-sounding, functional strings -- and let your fingers take care of the dynamics.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ernie balls or DR lo riders.
  4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Try Dean Markley Blue Steels. They have a sweet sound that will actually be able to survive those super hot pickups on your L2000. DR high beams would be good also. I've never tried flats on an L. Have fun - that bass is a monster. I had one of the first ones made in high school around 1981 or so. I sold it in 1988 because I'm stupid. I just decided to get another one. Thanks for the GAS.