Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What style mouse do you use?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Standard ball and wire thing

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Ball yet wireless

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Optical with wire

44 vote(s)
    51.8%
  4. Optical wireless, you're cool now

29 vote(s)
    34.1%
  5. ...i use...carrots..for...what?

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I was attached to my black logitech standard wheel/cable mouse but today i finally moved into teh world of optical, after attempting to for a while, borrowing other mouses around the house, etc, but today i bought an optical from radioshack (yay microsoft..) thats clear and lights up blue :eek:

but yea, what kind do you use

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I use a variety of things usually some sort of trackball (with multiple large monitors, a mouse doesn't have enought moving room and I hate having to pick it up and move it over...)

Main Deskop at work, Cordless muti-button trackball, mega-buttons & super cool:
    [​IMG]

Contour Shuttle Pro, for serious Macromedia Flash & NLE work.
    [​IMG]

Laptop at work, cool and simple and easy to take with me when I need to.
    [​IMG]

Stays in my laptop case for emergencies, Combo trackball, optical mouse, doesn't work as well as i expected, but it's there for when the laptop's touchpad doesn't cut it.
    [​IMG]

Keyspan RemotePoint Global Presenter - Nice and straightforward, perfect for the "Limited Attention Span" Executive.
    [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

That's what I use, buy I play a lot of games and got it for 5 bucks from a friend (my excuse for having a 50 dollar mouse).

4. Coolest.Mouse.Evar. ;)

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Trackpad.

6. Speaking of mice, one day we noticed our kitten playing with something, she had caught and killed a mouse. A few days later another mouse, but this one was still alive. She kept catching mice (she even left me a nice present on the floor on my side of the bed :smug: ), so we closed the door to the basement and put mousetraps in. We've probably nabbed about a dozen mice between the traps and the cats.

7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Hey, I'm cool. :cool:

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I use a wired optical, the regular old vanilla MS 5 button.

9. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    MX 510 here. I love it. It's got 8 buttons and they all do something different for me. It's wired and cabled. I go to quite a few LAN parties, so cordless is not an option.

[​IMG]

10. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Four button Logitech optical wired. I can't live without a wheel mouse now. Just changed jobs and am trying to get used to a three button mouse again.

I don't like wireless mice. Sure, no wire, but you have to change the battery.

11. Optical wireless at work.
    Logitech Trackball at home.

12. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    [​IMG]

That's me!

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    How heavy is it compared to the MS regular optical 5 button, if you've used that mouse?

14. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Standard Issue White Apple Optical Mouse, or...um...SIWAOM.

15. Logitech "Marble Mouse" trackball. It rules, for cheap money even.

16. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I don't know, but this is pretty light. I never really thought about weight being an issue though! :smug:

17. Actually, the MX510's have a small metal plate on the inside that acts as a weight. I've read that some people feel the mouse is too heavy and so they remove it (it's apparently not that hard to remove). As a red MX510 owner, I would have to disagree and say that I find this to be one of the most comfortable mice I have ever used, in both weight and fit. If anything, I might want it a little heavier...I like to really feel the weight in my hands. It was more than worth the $30 or so I paid for it new. Logitech makes excellent products, especially their mice. I don't think I'll ever use anything else.

18. Speaking of which, who remembers when it was said that the lightpen would replace the mouse?

And (quiz here) who knows what the mouse was originally called???

19. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Don't remember what the mouse was originally called, but I still think the stylus (or lightpen as it's concept started out) will eventually take the place of most pointing devices. I've used them on large touch screens (think of it as a 20 inch monitor that acts like a PDA) and they work FANTASTIC, especially for artists and digital photogs. The Tablet PC laptops can work that way too.

20. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    [​IMG]

I got the pen for drawing and photoediting, but it's great as a mouse too: the included mouse is sensorless and cordless and extremely light as the pad is the only powered thing. I've always had problems with cordless mice as they tend to be on the heavy side with the battery.

With my other computer I have a MS Trackball Explorer, which is very comfy, wrist-friendly and doesn't need any extra moving space. Perfect for my messy desk.

[​IMG]