Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What the...? Found this at Wikipedia:

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NewWaveBasser, Nov 26, 2005.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_E

"Vitamin E and heart disease

Preliminary research has led to a widely held belief that vitamin E may help prevent or delay coronary heart disease. Researchers are fairly certain that oxidative modification of LDL-cholesterol (sometimes called "bad" cholesterol) promotes blockages in coronary arteries that may lead to atherosclerosis and heart attacks. Vitamin E may help prevent or delay coronary heart d this is so ****** :)eek: )also may help prevent the formation of blood clots, which could lead to a heart attack. Observational studies have associated lower rates of heart disease with higher vitamin E intake. A study of approximately 90,000 nurses suggested that the incidence of heart disease was 30% to 40% lower among nurses with the highest intake of vitamin E from diet and supplements. The range of intakes from both diet and supplements in this group was 21.6 to 1,000 IU (32 to 1,500 mg), with the median intake being 208 IU (139 mg). A 1994 review of 5,133 Finnish men and women aged 30 - 69 years suggested that increased dietary intake of vitamin E was associated with decreased mortality (death) from heart disease."

2. Did the writer sneak in the words or is this a hacker being "funny"?

3. thats weird...i would guess hacker...

4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    NET
    Anybody with a browser can make changes to a Wikipedia article - that's the whole idea of it. Of course it presupposes that people will generally be mature and responsible enough to contribute usefully, which obviously wasn't the case here.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    this is why you don't use wikipedia as a source if you are writing a paper for school. :p

6. I assume that "heart d this is so ****** ( )" is the issue?

It's been fixed already. :)

7. Yep, it was fixed.

But when I saw that "that is so ga* a******" all of a sudden while reading about vitamin E...

That was SO funny. And surreal, too. :D

8. Sincerely, after some doubtful information I found on wikipedia, I don't think it is really reliable....

Vince

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    +1

It wouldn't be the first time that Wikepedia is incorrect.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Why should it be?

Anybody can contribute...

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    No kidding!
    I love this quote. Lots of mileage.:D