1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What the H? Huh, what, can't be? Is this really a Squier, or am I dreaming?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diesel Kilgore, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Miskatonic

Miskatonic

Sep 15, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Squier MB4, I believe

2. You are correct

3. Wow, I didn't know they made such a thing. About what year(s) are these from?

4. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Yep,MB4 denotes "Metal Bass 4 string". They're actually not too bad,especially at that price..pretty comparable to the entry level Ibanez's as far as quality,sound,and feel..

5. I was under the impression the MB stood for Modern Bass. I own three Fender MB5s, they are a much better bass than the later Squier version.

6. The add made me laugh!!! At least the guy has a good sense of humor ;)

No idea if it is a good value or not. I defently would've been interested in it in my 20's though!!! That is when I was playing in hardcore/death metal bands. At that time I had a Warlock with the widow headstock!!!

7. bootsox

bootsox

Apr 28, 2012
    Biloxi, MS
    Mid '90s I'd guess. I had a Fender MB5 back then and it was phenominal. Good Japanese made bass there, you can't go wrong.

EDIT:

The squiers are apparently indonesian but I honestly can't imagine it being that much worse than the fender.

8. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Side note, I'd be pissed if I went off to college and my parents started selling my stuff.

9. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    The MB4 was my first Bass. :) Was a Great little p/j passive. I even ended up recording with it a bit. I'd take it over a Ibbie GSR Anyday.

10. If only it stood for metal bass, then it would be the best bass for metal.

11. Identical one on my local CL, it's been there for months