Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What the heck are these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I typed in 4x10 at Ebay looking for possible Christmas gifts, and these cabs came up. I can't read the brand name, so I was wondering if anyone's ever heard of or tried one of these before. It's obvious they're pretty cheap cabs, but I was interested in learning about them anyway-who knows if their the Essex of the cab world, right?

2. I just checked the properties of the pic, went to the website that was hosting it...which is Here, Allspeakers

Company name is X audio. Never heard of em. I'd still trust avatar for affordable cabs w/ brand name components. But good eye though.

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i hav x audio in my PA and they sound good for that, but i don't know how they would work for bass...

4. Sorry but i've seen this before on ebay myself and true I haven't heard em. But if they sound anythig like they look you would probably get the same tonal qualities as farting through a paper towle tube! I myself have bought stuff because it was cheep because I "couldn't afford something really good" only to regret it later. Thought for the day might be a good idea to buy something you really like. You most times get what you pay fer!!!!!:D

5. Hey I'm I re-read your original question my first reply was un-called for. Maybe I need to think about what I'm typing! But I still stand about how I think that thing will sound.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'd tend to agree with you, Joseph. I don't think I've seen a bass cab that shallow since a blackface Fender Bassman!!!....(which are now really considered guitar cabs since guitarists are going nuts over them)

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Wow, you're old!!:D

J/K

8. rickbass

Yeah, I think we vets are going to start charging you nippers on your PayPal for our expertise.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Then us whippersnappers will have to charge you old guys for letting you hang out with the young cool kids :D

Yeah, right. I bet you've got more friends my age than I do, rickbass.

10. rickbass

Believe it or not diff, I play with some pick-up bands for grins where most of the members are in their 30's and my big complaint is so many of them are stuck on 80's music.

I'll bring up playing something from Jimmy Eat World or Weezer stuff and they look at me cross-eyed.

The members who are in their 20's are often more open-minded and love some of the old Motown stuff I try to get in the set lists.

The Moral of the Story for me is - Don't pigeon-hole people just by the number of candles on their birthday cake.

11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Friends???:rolleyes:

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :confused: What are you implying sir?

13. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    It was a joke. All my freinds are gone. Moved off. I have no freinds my own age at the moment. That's all.

14. Utter cr*p, worth sh*t.