1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What the heck.....eye candy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I guess several other people had the same idea as I did today to take some family photos......

Here are my basses.....

I'll start with my two favorites.....Lakland JO4 and Fender U.S. 62RI Jazz....

8.gif
    7.gif

1-1.jpg
    2.jpg

and here's one for you P bass lovers..... a '76 P and mid 80's MIJ Precision.

9.gif

next up is the first bass I bought after a several year hiatus from bass playing......'03 Fender Hwy. 1 Jazz, GREAT playing bass and has it's fair share of wear and battle wounds.

3.gif
    5.gif
    6.gif

and last is the SX Jazz bass I relic'd...

11.gif
    12.gif
    13.gif
    14.gif
    15.gif

2. tbone409

tbone409

Feb 17, 2007
    kenosha, wi
    NICE!!!
    i love the look of the sx, and the plain coolness of the white/tort '62 RI

3. Chandler Bing

Chandler Bing

May 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Sweet. I really like the SX. Years ago (1984ish) I got a white Fender jazz, exactly like the one you've got there (mine had a cover over the pups though) everything the exact same. It was in rough shape, but I learned to play bass on it at an early age. I pawned it back in 96/97 like a complete dumba$$ and never bought it back. Sigh..........................

4. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Mon. morning bump

5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    in my best borat voice...

niiiice

6. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    damn, that 62RI Jazz is nice! :eek:

7. what a nice sight so early in the morning.

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    That's a really cool collection, thanks for the pics. I'm a sucker for Fenders and Fender-style Laklands myself.

9. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Very nice batch o' basses, indeed!

I'm especially digging the relic'd SX - did you do all of that yourself? If so, would you be able to give a brief walk through on the relic process? I'd definitely be interested in giving one of my basses this type of "makeover".

Thanks!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021