1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What the heck happened to Harmony Central?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    Their new website sucks! It is impossible to find reviews on equipment!

2. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I like it!

X8

3. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    Didn't this thread just get locked???

4. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I asked the same this AM when I couldn't sign in and the new sign in didn't work. I'll wait and try again later on . Between this site and HC everything was going smooth. Maybe that was the problem....................If it works try breaking it...:confused:

5. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    Dont know if a thread has already been made about this but, the new Harmony Central is horrendous, I cant find anything I want. here it is, just a heads up.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/index.jspa

6. Essen

Essen Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Norway
    Jesus.. And someone got paid for this? What's the point? A new webdesign won't draw more people or anything.

7. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    Yeah, I re-entered the web address 3 times before I realized I hadn't misspelled it or something, its just retarded, I try not to use the word in the way but, retarded is the only thing that comes to mind. A dufus could design a website that makes more sense.

8. It's not that hard... I just tried it out, set myself the task of finding some electro-harmonix effects, just as a test run. And there are more filters I can set to narrow the field or broaden it.

Attached Files:

9. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    How long did it take you to figure it out, yeah, you can find stuff, but it shouldn't take 10 minutes to figure out how to, alls im sayin is it was just fine the way it was.

10. Murph#2

Murph#2

Mar 24, 2010
    murph#2
    Been there, figured it out, not that hard BUT IT STILL SUCKS

11. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    alright, I'll admit its not hard(they didnt have a review for what I was lookin for, whoops), I may have overreacted but its still a lil dumb, where everything was right out front before, its now buried behind a couple menues, they made it less intuitive instead of easier to use. I will say it does load faster than the old site tho.

12. I actually figured it out pretty fast. But to be fair I rarely used harmony central prior to the change so I had nothing to already be used to. I do know how it feels to have the workings of a site change on you and be completely lost though; hell, facebook do it every few months.

13. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    Facebook never got harder to look through tho, all the changes at least make things easier, same with sights like IGN.com and stuff that update a lot.

14. Disappear

Disappear

May 9, 2008
    OMG have you seen the new facebook? It sux! I cant find anything and I want the old one back!

15. Essen

Essen Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Norway
    I know, I know :D
    I'm ok with the new facebook design after a few days anyway, and their design has never really comprimised functionallity. But what's the point of changing design when everything works fine?

16. Disappear

Disappear

May 9, 2008
    If it ain't broke, you're not tryin'!

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.