1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What the heck kind of bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CYoung, Jan 11, 2002.

  1. CYoung


    Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
  2. Brendan


    Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I know MF used to carry them back I think in 99...It's a bass that can be an intro to upright, ot played simply as a fretless, about 500 ish, if I recall...
  3. ZuluFunk

    ZuluFunk Supporting Member

    Apr 14, 2001
    It's an EUB hybrid by Zeta. The neck radius is more like an upright and the little sticky think can come out of the bottom. I don't know about the price.
  4. Brad Johnson

    Brad Johnson Supporting Member

    Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I think $500 new isn't even in the ballpark for an electric upright. $800 or $900 is probably pretty good for a used one.
  5. brianrost

    brianrost Gold Supporting Member

    Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    It's an electric upright bass made by Zeta.

    It's called "Crossover" because it has a bass guitar scale (34") and can be payed on a strap like a bass guitar, but it does have an endpin and can be played as an upright.

    I had one briefly (like a week) and found it was well made and easy to play but sounded to me too much like a fretless bass guitar and not enough like an upright bass so I sent it back. Is Will Davis around? He had one of these, too.

    The current list price on a Crossover is $2900 :eek: but the similar Educator model is a mere $1500 :rolleyes: