What the hell does w00t mean !?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaren Double J, Apr 9, 2003.

2. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    You can't stand it any longer.
  3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm not really sure about "w00t". But I've been using "Woot!" in the classic sense for over thirty years - it's a homage to the Three Stooges (Woot, woot, woot!)
  5. atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
  6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    so sit

7. I've always thought of it as another way of saying "Yeah!"

But in a realy sarcastic, or ironic way, most of the time.
  8. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I just went to this site, read this and thought it was hilarious....

Even amongst the mentally handicapped, there is a clear gradation from the merely stupid to the utterly retarded.

If you hear someone say "w00t", do not make any loud noises or sudden movements, as they may become startled and crap their pants. You have just encountered a real, live idiot. Irritating, but harmless.
  9. I liked this one from that site

W0ot-A shout of exciment from a geek, nerd, and/or dork within the internet.

"Woot! I pwned that dude!"
  10. Whoa Smash who's that chick in your Avatar and is she holding a bottle of hunny?
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My friends and I, in the tradition of our kid making fun on the "thugz" at our school will sometimes yell "Holla!" across the hall, which another would respod to with "WOOT!."

Other variations include "Holla two times!" followed by "WOOT! WOOT!" and "Holla back!" which can be followed by a long back and forth barage of "WOOT!"s.

12. Thank you my friends, I may now die in peace.

w00t !

13. Ah, good old Lowenbrau! I too have partaken of this amber nectar long and often (but strangely, not recently.........make mental note, buy Lowenbrau!)
  14. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Wait, you can say hell and not have changed by the moderators. Wow, what the hell is wrong with my reasoning skills. And, yes, I am still 7 and 1/2 and I have been for about 7 years now.
  15. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    W00t! Now that's a nice healthy meal of Löwenbräu! :D