Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I've seen this term around the boards a lot recently and it has been driving me crazy... i prolly sound like a noob, but i cant help it!!!! :mad: :mad:

edit: oh, i know it has something to do with wanting to get something or planning on getting something.... but what does it stand for?!?!
  2. Gear-Aquiring-syndrome

The A can be replaced with synonimes for wanting, but it basically means when you just want an amp, bass or anything musically related badly.
  3. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Avoiding G.A.S.
  4. The hardest part with GAS, if when you replace 1 peice... it sends a chain reaction through everything else you have, becuase most of the time what you have purchased is based on what you already have.... e.g. You have bass "A" but you replace it with bass "B" but your amp purchase was made becuase it sounds good with bass "A" but it sounds crappy with bass "B".... so you end up getting a new amp.

That and if your band changes styles... that's why I think its important to get a good rig that can play in multiple styles, with maybe just a change of strings or something.
  5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    GAS is a serious epidemic affecting musicians arround the world.

Beware, It gets worse as you get older. :meh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.