Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What the hell is Mike Dirnt Doing...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by morty25, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Hes BBQing his bass!!!!!!! :eek:

[​IMG]

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That's like seeing someone getting kicked in the 'nads. It hurts to watch! :eek:

3. It does hurt to watch (high pitched voice) byt when you have that money...........

4. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    How typically rock starish....

I would never have enough money to burn a bass or trash my equipment. I guess he doesn't remember being a broke punk and having to scrape together the cash to get equipment.

I think that's lame even if Fender gives them to him for free. :(

5. TheListPunk

TheListPunk Guest

Feb 2, 2002
    Topeka, Kansas
    He usually BBQs his secondary bass, I think. I'm pretty sure he keeps his favorite at every show.

josh

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    how punk :rolleyes:

7. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    They can usually survive a BBQing. One of Frank Zappa's kids (Dweezil???) still has one of Jimi's fried strats. Still works...

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

His Jimi Hendrix impression?

9. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    he's being "punk rock"..... oh ...wait... sorry... "blink182" :rolleyes:

10. chimppimp

chimppimp

May 30, 2002
    Oviedo,FL
    u should be slapped for that one never compare the two yes blink 182 is good yes the are far from punk but no comparison should be made they are two different bands with two differentstyles

11. I can't remember where I read it (probably another thread on here) that he still uses the bass even after he torches it. He believes it improves the tone somehow. I don't think I'll be trying that technique myself any time soon, though.

12. Yeah, he'll burn the bass, then after the show, he'll build it back up and use it again. He usually burns it a few times, sayin it improves tone, etc. Once its completely useless he'll give it to a fan or something. Pretty cool I think.

13. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    So? I think it's cool if he wants to burn his bass. It doesn't make me lose any respect for him.

By the way, I'd be proud to be sponsored by Fender. There's nothing lame about having free tools for your craft.

14. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I've been asking that for a long time.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    y'know Mort, it's completely possible to post about someone other than Mike Dirnt.

It's also not nessicary to include a pic of Mike in each post...

Just thoughts.

16. I'm not a big fan of bands like Blink 182, Sum 41 etc...but I still like Green Day and think Mike Dirnt is a good bassist even if he burns his basses.

17. Yes, what's with the Mike Dirnt worship?

18. Are you his stalker?

19. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    i bet his pickups are REALLY hot ......

hehehehe get it? ;-P