1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What the hell is this item ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by magnusdeus123, Aug 18, 2007.

1. 1161749760_ce0f34f01c_o.

I've been looking into buying something like a very portable amp , or any other small device , the size of an iPod . which can take in the raw signal from the bass , and in which I can plug in a headphone device or something . This seems to be the closest I can find to define such a thing . The shot is from the movie 'School of Rock' . The guy has plugged in his guitar to that small amp . Any clue as to what is this ??

2. Are they worth it ?? The primary reason I want them is coz I want to be able to go down in the garden and practice my bass at times .

3. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Pignose makes a battery powered amp that will sound better for bass.

4. rrybicki

rrybicki Innocent Bystander Supporting Member

These are the best headphone amps around right now. I absolutely love mine. Small, battery powered, sound great and built like a tank.

Highly recommended.

http://www.cafewalter.com/ha1/index.htm

Russ

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

+1 on the Cafe Walter!

dcr

6. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Yeah...as the story goes....the guy from the group "Boston" (name escapes me right now) supposedly invented these things (original "rock-man") as well as helped invent the Poloroid land camera....weird...

Are they any good? I suppose, in a pinch...

*edit* the guys name is Tom Scholz (Masters from MIT)