Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What the hell should i buy for my bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DaveManDave, Feb 22, 2006.

1. i just got a $100 and was wondering what to buy for my bass.

i was thinkin i should get a pedal , but then i realized my amp is crap which would make buying the pedal pointless. please :help: !

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    save it

3. ok that means amp then.

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Build on that $100 and look for a good used amp.

5. +1. Depending on your needs there are lots of good things out there. My personal suggestion, Ampeg BA115 1x15 combo amp. 'Tis what I have, and I love it. 100 watts of power, and it can get as loud as your really need it to for practice-small gigs-medium sized gigs. Not only do you get the Treble, Mid, and Bass controls but you also get 5 different amp stylings for lots of variation in tone. All of it sounds great. You can find one new for around 500-600, but you should really look around for a good used one. I got mine used for 275$ at my local shop.

6. Spinnaz... deyz da coolest

no, wouldnt it be hilarious if they made knobs that did that?
    lol

7. Save your money and buy an amp.

8. No, blow it!!! Get one of those rinestone straps, and a bunch of stickers, and some new shiny knobs!!! Maybe a replacement pickguard. Remember, it's not how you sound, it's the looks that count!!! You only play bass, after all. No one can hear you.

:D

Rock on
    Eric

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Get a TalkBass strap and beanie. You'll have some money left to get a Supporting Membership, which will then get you a free TB t-shirt. You'll STILL have some money left!

-Mike