Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAT THE HELL???????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Hi everyone, I was just on The Bass Place.com and saw a Cort/Elrick Josh Paul 4 on there.When did Elrick decide on a venture with Cort? Has anyone tried one?And how do they sound? Thanks Joe

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    You can do a search on the forums for Elrick. I've heard at least a few clips of Elricks on the Recordings page.

BTW, tone down the topic titles. I thought you were gonna say Fender's getting out of the bass business or something.

-Eric.

3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I own the five string version and it is a very nice bass. They have been around for a couple of years now. Rob Elrick wanted to get into a production model of his basses and Cort approached him about it. The older ones were called Josh Paul Signatures, which I have, and the new ones are called RB series. Very good construction and sound. They use Bart MK-1 pickups and pre's. They are very similiar in construction and sound to the Lakland Skylines and G&L Tributes. The JPS5 used to go for 800 new.

4. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Yeah I wish they'd do a 6. They sound awesome I've played the older ones and the newer ones are kinda hard to tell appart from the american made Elrics, the logo is kinda tricky but thats how you tell ;) . VERY nice bass for the money, If they made 6's I'd be all over 'em.

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
  6. Thanks guys,and Joe thanks for the review page. Joe