Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What the !#@!$$ is wrong with my bass? (anyone with yamaha bbn4, help me out)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wicked mr happy, Apr 26, 2002.

1. i recently bought a Yamaha BBN4 from samash cause it was on sale from $500 to $200. It's my first instrument. Since i got it, i get a real annoying buzzing sound coming from the bass when i play. Im pretty sue its my strings hitting my frets cause i get it even when it's unplugged. I have no clue how to raise the saddles, and i dont even know if thats what i have to do. Ialso think that the strings are way to close to the pickups, but im not sure if thats how its supposed to be. PLEASE someone help me!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like either the neck doesn't have enough relief, which can be corrected by adjusting the truss rod, or the bridge saddles are too low.

Did you buy the bass online, or at one of Scam's stores? If you bought it at a store, they should be able to set it up for you. It should have been playable when you bought it. I wouldn't have walked out without making them set it up.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    bring it to a shop around you and have them set it up