Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What the?????????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Paul A, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It's just a transfer...anybody could do this - this is why eBay is a rip off!! :scowl:

3. prob a bad fender imitation made in Taiwan, China or (although i hate to admit it,) Korea.... :mad:

4. C'MON! That bass is 2legit2quit. You know they are rare...they slipped out the one day that lone QC guy at Fedner was out sick... happens all the time.

In fact, my Lamborghini was mistakenly labeled a chevy impala...but I know better.

:smug:

5. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Mon Rominee is close to being right. This is rare Fender, but was not made when a guy was out sick at the factory. There was a time when the factory was taken over by space aliens from Neptune. They thought it would be funny to have a lone Stratocaster bass running around amongst the ranks of the P-basses. It was meant to drive the bass player population mad! How could this BE!!! A P-bass....no A Strat...but it looks like......but says.....AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (Commits suicide) This is their first step towards world dominantion. You probably haven't heard about it because it was a big C.I.A. coverup and stuff.........

6. I wondered what was up with them Black Helicopters...

:smug:

And Ossifer Barbrady steps out and say "Nothin to see here, you lookie-loos." :p

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Fender decals are about as hard to get as spam or Spam.

8. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Got this back from the seller!

"thanks for your email, I checked into this a while ago, and did get in contact with fender, and in 2001 when I bought this, they did have about 200 or so go out the factory, misprinted, this is not a knock off, all the other markings are in the right places, if it is, then: 1. someone at Fender is lying to me... 2. someone was really bored buying a real fender and changing it. or 3. well, I'm out of reasons... lol thanks for the email though and sorry your not interested in my bass, happy hunting in the future"

:eek:

Well,
    I guess they must have made a mistake as well when they fitted the 12 hole scratchplate without the truss rod access cutout,the wrong tuners,forgot to fit the right bridge and string it up through the body..... not to mention the rotosounds :eyebrow:

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Ask for the serial number to contact fender about it. When they tell you it's not real buy something from the guy that he's selling cheap and put a nice little "Scammer, be ware" in his feedback.

10. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Where can you get them?

11. Bruce Lindfield

12. Bruce Lindfield

13. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi got this from the seller!

"ok, I guess I owe you a apology, there is no serial number, but I seriously did call fender when I bought it, and they did say that there were some misprints out there, I guess this one is a replica of the actual misprints, sorry for the attitude, my mistake, I'm not into guitars at all, so your knowledge would be much more than mine...."

At least he's now changed the description and lowered the price!

:p

14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Ebay for one, quite often.

Other wise, you contact Fender and tell them you bought a used instrument that had a damaged or missing decal and they will sell one to you.

15. rickbass. they will sell you one even without any proof of actual bass? I bought a used MIM jazz that someone tried to antique/vintagized.. I refinished it and had to remove the decal so I am needing one. I will give Fender a call

16. Well he's got good feedback, but he may have just screwed himself. :rollno:

17. Bruce Lindfield

Try the website I posted above with the picture - they'll sell anybody a Fender headstock decal for a few £s or $s ......:meh:

18. Yeah, that was kind of weird...but were the anal probes really necessary???

19. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Read closely....he's now calling it "a replica of one of those" that got out of the factory....

20. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Am I daft or what???? A replica of a misprinted guitar??????????????????????:eyebrow:
    It's like if someone would accidently put a big X over Mona Lisa's face on the original painting and people would start to sell the replicas with the X!!!!
    What the heck is going on???:D