What the..?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Today out of sheer boredom, i took my bass apart, just to see how it worked better, and took the bridge off, and there was a hole drilled there and a bare wire stricking out, right under the bridge. At first i was very surprised and confused, but i got around to thinking... Is that ground? Would the wire touching the metal bridge ground the circuit? I think i am correct; someone want to make me sure? Thanks a lot :).
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Yeah, it is for Grounding the strings.
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Groundwire, its called. Clever, isnt it?
  4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    What WILL...they think of next??? :D
  5. why were you taking your bass apart?

if you had nothing to do, wouldn´t it be a better idea to just PLAY it? :D

and I just hope you didn´t take the neck off... 'cause it takes alot of "know-how" to put it right together...
  6. The_Bass, should i say, "oops" I am pretty sure i put it back on right.. lemme restring it... Oh, and i took it apart because i like taking things apart.. i guess.. i do it to lotsa stuff, like my computer. Most of the things i take apart work again :rolleyes:
  7. haha, i read your posts here, and then your signature, its great man, most things i take apart work again...me fail english, thats umpossible, sorry i found it funny, but i'm tired...ha....and remeber, duct tape is the handyman's secret weapon!!
  8. Well thank you Funko! At least im not the only one who finds me funny... OH and btw, i restrung my bass and it plays better than it did before. I fiddled with the saddles and the actions nicer, and the neck seems fine.
  9. and by the way, i'm assuming you cant hold no groove if you aint got no pocket? :) thats funny man,

i think thats wickd that your bass plays better now, thats cool..hmm, maybe i'll take mine apart...hahaha, not really, i'd shag it up horribly.....
  10. It plays better cause i adjusted the bridge, i think u can do that without worries of effin up. Im lucky it plays at all after i took it apart.. MuAHAHAHAHA.. Naa, i cant hold no groove.. Im still a beginner ;).. I will eventually put on some pants and get me a pocket though.
  11. thats cool, see i know nothing about setting up stuff, so i'm gonna say am i the only one who doesnt know like anything about bass except how to play it!?!?!