What? tnt 115....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Ok, ive had mine for like 4 months now. It's alright for what i paid for it. Anyway, for the volume, how do i get it to go lowder without that stupid little lcd light turning red on me? its supposed to be able to go alittle bit higher than it goes on me, i turn up the main volume up to 8, then when i start turning up the gain, to like 3 it starts to fluff on me. anyone else notice this? when i play at my church, i use their amp, they have like, a fender bassman that i use, and its like 150 watts as well, i think its 120 actually. anyway, i can get that thing to go louder than my tnt 115. am i doing something wrong?

2. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    My little cousin's bassist has one and his gain clip puts on a light show when they play it's hilarious. His input cylinder wiring is starting to conk out too. Best thing to do is I guess get a cheap local used 2x10 to get the full juice out.
  3. Vicar Philip

Vicar Philip

Sep 15, 2004
    I used a 115 up until last week. It sounded decent at low levels, but I found that the damn thing would vibrate the chassis like crazy at certain frequencies and sound like total ass. Hopefully you're not having those problems, but honestly 100 watts may not be loud enough.

What other instruments are you playing with? What's the wattage on their amps? I broke down and bought a Fender 400 Pro combo with the 115 Ext Pro cab to combat the same problem. The TNT is a good amp to use at home, just not with a regular band IMHO.
  4. Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    Well, you could cut the bass a notch or two, then it can direct its energy into pumping out the mids and treble.