Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What to buy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Need some more help.Whats a good mid to high end(second hand obviously) 6 string bass for up to $1200 US?I have money burning a hole in my pocket and where Im from in Australia there is no way to check anything in person.

2. stamman5

stamman5

Aug 10, 2004
    Boston
    Obviously, this all depends on your preferred sound, but if you like the graphite thing there are a couple Modulus Q6's on eBay around that price. Those are nice basses. There is a Bossa 6 at bassalone.com that might be worth checking out. I have owned a bass that is almost an exact copy of that and I liked it. It does have a very bolt-on, scooped sound if you know what I mean, but if you like bolt-ons that might be nice. I see that you posted on Bassgear.com but if you didn't see it there is a Smtih 6 on there for 1200. Smiths are amazing and that is a good price I think. Well, hope that gives you some ideas and good luck with your search.
    p.s. If you decide to look for 5's too I have some for sale let me know :D ;)

3. Cool man thanx for the info.Not sure about Smiths although that is way cheap.Just out of interest what fivers do you have.Prices and pics?Only tire kicking but may be interested in the right 5 string.Thanks for your time.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Peavey Cirrus. Might an FBass catch that low of a price used?

5. the ibanez BT 6er's are nice...ive played one a few times and its really the only 6 ive ever considered getting...and i despise most 6 string basses..but i say just check ebay regulary