1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what to choose ampeg svt610hlf or aguilar gs 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gonziak, Mar 22, 2006.

1. gonziak

gonziak

Mar 22, 2006
    poland
    Hi I'm new member. I've got a question. I could buy new basss cab but I don't know what to choose: ampeg svt610hlf or aguilar gs 410? I've got ampeg svt3 pro head and music man 5 stingray. I have no possibilities to play on that cabs it will be blind shopping :) I live in poland and shop is in the us. I play rock. I've heard so much good opinion about aguilar but 610 vs 410?
    What could advice me I checked swr goliath 4*10 but to midrange.
    thanks a lot Martin

2. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I have not heard much about the Aguilar GS 4x10, although I am sure it is a great cab..but all I can tell you is that if you want serious lows, lots of volume and don't mind the added weight - go with the Ampeg SVT 6x10 HLF. This will be all the cab you will need and it will push more air than the Aguilar.

3. I've been playing my son-in-law's 610HLF with B4R head. It makes a good amount of noise, but does not have a big bottom. It has pretty good clarity and highs when the tweeter is used. His has a partial blown driver that buzzes... annoying but I'm not going to fix it.

On my beam balance scale, the 610HLF weighs 119 pounds. Ampeg has several features that make it easier to lug around this cab. It has tilt back casters, and a generous metal rail to grip and wheel it around. Even nicer are the pair of plastic/teflon slider rams on the back of the cab. I can lever the cab into the back of my Toyota pickup with assistance.

4. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Well, I currently own the 610HLF, but just bought a GS410/GS212 to replace it. The 610HLF is a great cab, but I like how the Aguilar sounds better. Believe it or not, the 610HLF is barely louder than the GS410...

5. gonziak

gonziak

Mar 22, 2006
    poland
    Thanks a lot.