1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What to connect first.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bobhollywood, Aug 23, 2012.

1. bobhollywood

bobhollywood

Sep 7, 2011
    Hey everyone, iam runnning a markbass f1 with sansamp and just purchased a big muff pi.
    I connect from f1 to sans then big muff then (tuner pedal).
    Would it make a difference connecting big muff first?
    Why I say this is that im getting a lot more white noise from the amp.

2. famousbirds

famousbirds

Aug 3, 2009
    Honolulu
    There's no right answer here, only what works; that being said, I would put the Big Muff first.

Big Muffs tend to homogenize whatever you put into them into a big fuzzy splat, so (aside from adding a bit more gain) you probably won't notice much of it on.

If you put the Sansamp after, you retain all that EQ control. Also, my general rule is (assuming more-or-less unity gain on everything) put high-gain before low-gain, to minimize the overall effect on tone and volume.

3. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Sounds like you are using the effects loop on the f1, instead try running everything before the amp, I'd go bass > tuner > muff > sansamp > f1.

4. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Hijack...

Is it only me, or does it seem like sansamps and character series pedals make dirt pedals sound VERY different when you go dirt then sansamp? I have 2 fuzzes and they both sound identical when I put them before my vt. One fuzz is an octave up fuzz and the other is an alien hate fuzz

5. bobhollywood

bobhollywood

Sep 7, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Will try some of these thoughts out, cheers!