1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to do about G-string SQUAWK?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eyesee7, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Eyesee7

Eyesee7

Jul 17, 2005
    Okay, I have a Rondo Jazz bass, so I'll anticipate one of the answers - "Buy a better bass!"

I just wanted a cheap bass for knocking around and the Rondo fit the bill, very impressed with the quality for the low price.

HOWEVER, the first "G" string lets loose with a horrible SQUAAWWWWKKK when fretted, especially when playing Rush tunes where there's a riff from frets 7-12 that really needs to be played aggressively.

Is it a matter of raising the string height or some similar adjustment? Get better strings? I still have on the strings that came with the bass.

Thanks!

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    could be alot of variables.

Could be action is to low

Could be the neck needs adjustments

Could be a high fret somewhere

Could be a lot of things..

3. I would take it to someone that can level and dress the frets and give it a good setup with high quality strings.

4. Eyesee7

Eyesee7

Jul 17, 2005
    Thanks fellas, I've got a good tech just around the corner who didn't charge me anything when I brought a Telecaster in for him to look at, could've easily made up some b.s. and charged me for it.:cool: