1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What to do at Wal-Mart!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wakizashi, Jul 16, 2005.

1. wakizashi

wakizashi

Dec 5, 2003
    Lafayette,LA
    Things to do at Wal-Mart when you get bored:

1) Get 25 boxes of condams and randomly place them in
    peoples' carts when they're not looking.

2) Get a can of tomato sauce and leave a trail through the
    store.

3) Hide in a clothes rack and when someone comes by
    say, "Pick me! Pick me!"

4) If an employee asks if they can help you, curl up in a ball
    and scream, "Why won't you people just leave me alone!"

5) Use the reflective cameras as a mirror to pick your nose.

6) Keep following someone as long as you can without them
    noticing you (ninja style).

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    thats so hilarious.

pony

3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    call me crazy but i never understood the thrill in doing stupid stuff to random ppl like so. SUch as prank calls, throwing stuff out bus windows on people's cars, randomly yelling at people or doing things to make them uncomfortable and get a giggle out of it...maybe I don't know how to live.

5. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I like to mess with people, not to the degree where any harm comes out. IE: no vandalism or randomly hitting people. By the way have you guys noticed this random beating thing where you live? I've seen guys just walking down the street and a pack of teens suckerpunch them and run away.

Anyway...I'm half tempted to try some of those things.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Taken from our local paper, 07/14/2005:

POLICE: MAN SECRETLY TOOK PHOTOS OF WOMEN -
    POLICE FIND HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS ON MAN'S CELL PHONE AFTER ARREST AT WAL-MART.
    Post-Standard, The (Syracuse, NY)
    July 14, 2005
    Author: Jim Read Staff writer - Compiled by Jan Dempsey, staff
    researcher,

A Syracuse man was arrested Wednesday after he was caught using a camera in his cell phone to take photographs up the skirt of a young woman at an area Wal-Mart, police said.

The man's cell phone contained hundreds of other photographs of women's buttocks, police said.

Darrol D. Jones Jr., 51, of 112 Sixth North St., was taken into custody Tuesday by East Syracuse police at the Wal-Mart on Basile Rowe after store security saw Jones pointing his camera up the skirt of a 19-year-old woman, said Chief Douglas Robertson. Jones was charged with felony unlawful surveillance.

"It looks like he's been out and about," said Kari Armstrong, an assistant Onondaga County district attorney who is prosecuting Jones. Police do not know where the other photographs were taken.

It appears to be the first arrest in Onondaga County for unlawful surveillance, she said. "We're not aware of any other cases," she said, but the office hasn't had time to fully research the question.

Investigators are trying to locate more victims. There were no photographs of faces on the phone, Robertson said, making identification a challenge.

"That's a problem," he said. "It's going to be hard."

Technicians will download the telephone images to a computer to preserve and enlarge them to help with identification.

Wal-Mart security saw Jones on security monitors photographing the young woman, Robertson said. The victim's sister also noticed Jones holding his camera below the woman's skirt. On the photos reviewed so far by police, there has been no nudity, Robertson said.

Police searched Jones' home Tuesday night. No images from the cell phone have been found on his home computer, Robertson said.

Jones was arraigned Tuesday in village court and ordered held at the Justice Center in lieu of $10,000 bail or bond. He remained in custody Wednesday and is to return to court Friday. Jones also was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.

They found hundreds of photos, but sadly, can't identify any women from the shots.

7. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I think there was a thread on this a few days ago, which got moved to TPA. Apparently, the TB'er was at a concert with a lady friend and witnessed several people, including a couple of women, get suckerpunched by a pack of teens.

Vince

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    Ah, the hard life of an investigator. :D

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think I've overlooked a job in the law enforcement.. :D

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    when i was still in middle school, two friends and i went to a grocery store dressed up in random/ridiculous ....things. like leg weights, corny 80s-esque hats, other things, too. that was a while ago.

yeah, we did a good job of embarassing my older brother, who just wanted to get some cookie dough.

my brother has some amusing wal-mart specific stories, but i doubt he'd appreciate me relaying them here without his expressed consent.

11. I'm not letting them get away with that. I see a pack of teens, I suckerpunch them first.

Randy

12. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    sorry to hijack but it seems that the random teen fights are a phenomenon of the states. My manager (female) lives near the boarder and alot of teens come down because it's legal for them to drink over here and she was actually caught up in one of these brawls, lucky for her her firends recognized her barette (hair clip) and pulled out her otherwise she may have ended up in bad shape. Over here it's also unheard of to hit girls, It's something you just don't even think about, whereas evidence from summerfest / my manager shows it's not really a problem for our neighbours. I'm curious as to what the reason is for these tards to act like this, and it's a little frightening too, I hope it's just one of those fads that will pass...and I'll stop rambling now.

[/hijack]

P.S. this is not an anti-american post so don't nobody try to interpret it that way :)

13. amen. I can take a punch, run fast and hit hard... they hit me, they better have a bat

14. My favorite thing to do at Wal Mart is to avoid it like the plague. I'm not about to encourage their predatory business practices by spending my $$ there. :)

:bag:

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I never did stuff like that when I was 16, it just didn't seem "funny" or "fun". When I see kids doing this kind of stuff, I wonder what kind of homelife they have. I also feel sorry for the kids parents. I would be very upset if my son were to anything that stupid in a public place.

-Mike

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    When the grocery store went on strike... for whatever reason they went on strike... I would cross the line to go buy food, and then tell them to keep striking so food was cheaper.

then me and my friend travis skipped through the mall drinking star bucks and holding pinkies.

then they wouldnt let joey into the mens dressing rooms to try on skirts.

:rolleyes:

17. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    When I was a teen Walmart was litterally the only thing open in my home town after 9PM. So guess where my friends and I always went?

Yup, bored teenagers loose in a Walmart, gotta amuse ourselves somehow and none of us did drugs or drank (the only other pastimes for children and adults in upstate NY).

Some of our favorite games-

Polo - hockey sticks, nerf balls and the electric old people carts...great fun if the nightshift manager is cool.

Hide and Seek - Great fun when the nightshift manager is uncool.

Scrabble - You know those little adhesive letters you can buy to put on your house and stuff? Well you can also arrange them while on the racks to spell all kinds of funny and obscene things that no one notices. We had some that stayed up for weeks.

I understand most such antics are frowned upon now, but 10 odd years ago people considered it pretty harmless and we never got in any kind of trouble. Now we'd probably get arrested, sued or both.

Sometimes I miss being a kid.

18. wakizashi

wakizashi

Dec 5, 2003
    Lafayette,LA
    Who said anything about buying things from Wal-Mart. I just **** around in there every once and awhile. :hyper:

19. +1. It's even better when the person you prank gets a laugh out of it as well.

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Some of you guys are looking into it way too hard...

The condom thing is cool if find a cart that is very full and you put like 20 packs into it but all over the place... then watch the fun... i havent dont that since i was 12ish though... it was funny then..

Cheers