Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What to do bass-wise in Toronto...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ModulusAcacia, Oct 28, 2004.

1. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    Hey all-
    My band is playing in Detroit Sunday night and then I'm heading off for a well deserved vacation in Toronto. So now I need to find out what there is to do. I'm staying monday, tuesday, and wednesday nights and heading back thursday. I'm going to try to scalp tickets to the Muse show Monday and probably going to Green Day tuesday, but beyond that I've got nothing planned. Any good music stores? Clubs? bands? sites? fun "must dos" while in Toronto. Let me know I'm lost with nothing to do :)

peace,
    Justin K.

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    There's always Club Bass. And if you're in that neighbourhood you can also check out Capsule Music (921 Queen St W) and perhaps Songbird (801 Queen St W). For more suggestions Toronto.com is a good general clearing house of Toronto events and must-sees. To shop for CDs, Soundscapes at 572 College St (walking distance from Club Bass) is a good choice. The Distillery is a recently opened pedisterian market check it out too. Hope that helps...

3. The distillery is very cool ^ You can catch some good live music there from time to time.

Yorkville and Queen street have nice little clubs bars etc.

I havent been there in awhile so check out N O W magazine for band happenings and stuff.

Food wise check out Marche for breakfast or brunch. Its downtown next to hockey hall of fame in BCE place you won't be disapointed.

If you like greek then go down to the Danforth greek hood with about 20-30 great greek reastrants in a 4 block area.

Food in general in Toronto is great!!!!!

Hope this helps have fun

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    is steve's music still around?

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Yup, 415 Queen St W.

6. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    If you're there, you might as well make your way East on the Danforth to The Twelfth Fret and check out this:
    [​IMG]

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, i'm going to be in toronto the 20th through the 29th, i'll post about it, hopefully all my toronto canuckistanis can come and hang with me some :D :hyper:

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    gotta check out Long & McQuade (flagship store at Bloor and Ossington)...think a gentler GC north of the border. Club Bass also as previously mentioned.

9. oct 3rd bad religion and rise against at the cool house, i'm not sure if there are tickets left or not but thats where i'll be

10. Hey, I'm going up to Toronto for Xmas, Cant wait :hyper:

I'll take a drive over to Hamilton (45 min or so) to check out Fbass http://www.fbass.com/

Who knows mabey I'll get an Xmass present for myself????