Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what to do? cabs and amps please read!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Aug 2, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i found a trace 2x10 combo. 300 watts. and put that on top of my crate 410.
    or sell my crate 410 and get a new sunn 2x15 cab and keep my trace commando head and get a power amp?
    i found out that it isn't my basses that don't have the right sound! it is my cab!!! damnit!!!
    so is $350 good for a new sunn cab?
    i use a MIA jazz bass if that makes a difference.
    thanks

steve

2. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    I'd say get rid of the crate... fast. If you don't like your sound then I bet its not the Trace Elliot or the MIA fender. I haven't heard Sunn's 2x15 but I love 15's and thats a great deal. Get a power amp for your commando if you like the trace sound.

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Sunn 2x15's are really nice. I say go for it. However it only handles 300 watts so don't go overboard on the poweramp.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i played on the sunn today. it sounded alright.
    but i also played on a trace 410. WOW!!!!!
    it was so much louder than any cab. very effecient!!!!!! and it sounded awsome!!! only $909.
    i have to find one used. i am getting one as soon as possible. and a 15 to go with it. and a power amp. something huge. not really. 800 watts or so.
    just so i won't have to go through a pa.
    all tho' i heard a really nice hartke rig at warp tour.
    the xl cab. and a hartke head. very loud and a lot of bottom end. with a cirus 5

steve