What To Do In Nashville?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Feb 27, 2006.

1. I have a friend (he's a drummer, but a good one who knows music well :D ) who will be in Nashville this week. What are some good spots to check out. I know there is music everywhere, but what are some of the good spots so he doesn't have to weed through all the bad ones. Also, what are some good local restaurants: pizza, BBQ, etc. that aren't chains that he should check out. Any info would be great!
  2. I've found it's kind of fun to just go down to Broad St. and hit as many bars as you can. Last time I was there, I made about 10 stops in two hours and saw 12 or 15 different bands. I also drank a beer at each stop so I don't remember the names of a lot of them! But they were all a lot of fun, and even if the band wasn't the best, I still enjoyed it 'cause it was Friday night in Nashville.
  3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Check out the Gibson Store/Workshop. They have plenty of nice instruments including some basses, and you can watch the luthiers while they build.
  4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Jack's on Broadway is a great bbq place. Don't forget to check out Gruhns Guitars at the corner of Broadway and 4th.
  5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

There is a bunch to do in N'ville. You still have my cell, give me a buzz and I'll fill you in.

I was just there a couple weeks ago and have to go up there at least once a month. Like Siff said, there's a bunch to do on Broadway between about 8th and 3rd (Tooties, Roberts... etc.), or you can venture across the hwy and towards Demonbreun. Music row has a few clubs (tin roof, McGuiness's... Caffeine), during the day there is the Frist Museum and you can drive by the recording studio's...the west end has the Exit/In night club and a couple boutique and vintage shops to visit.

As for music stores there is 'of course' Gruhn in downtown, Rock Block is in the west end and is pretty hip... their's also Corner Music as well...