1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what to do now?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thingus995, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    alright guys, i need help again... i am now convinced that i will never see the 2460D i ordered from Dr bass 10 months ago and am opening a credit dispute with him... money problem solved, cabinet problem is still, well, a problem... i have got absolutely no clue as far as what cabs i should look at, i think if space wasn't an issue id be all about an nv610 however i have no way at all to move one of those monsters... i think that with the car i drive (Toyota carolla without a folding rear seat) id be better off with something along the lines of 4x10 or 2x12... ideas?

2. G-K or Avatar 212 is my thinking.

3. xbassmanx

xbassmanx

Jul 29, 2007
    Give a shout to Don @ LDS.

That's what I was intending to do if Marc didn't send my cab.

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Another option would be the Genz Benz NEOX-212T.

In contrast to the Gallien-Krueger Neo 212-Mk I (the newer Mk II appears to have the same cab dimensions & therefore the same driver arrangement), and the Avatar B212 Neo (which, along with the GK cabs, employs a diagonal speaker placement) the GB NEOX-212T's woofers are vertically aligned.

If two (or more) NEOX-212Ts were stacked, they'd form a proper line array for the best possible horizontal dispersion of mids & highs out of these three 2X12" bass cabs.

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Thingus995, PM sent! :)