1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what to do what to do...little help here

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ondaone, Jan 25, 2012.

1. so I currently play through a Trace Elliot 715 combo. SWEET to say the least... but I had an offer on even trade for a Ampeg svt-3 pro and I can pick up a GK 410 cab for couple hundred bucks .

combo is nice and portable have gigged any sized gig I would need with it and have an Acoustic 470 with 301 cab for the big shows/outdoors and practice.

Ampeg is well its an ampeg, I like the idea of being able to mix it up with different cabs if I want, rack mount so I could built a nice rack set up , and a little extra head room in power could be nice

I think the tone of the ampeg would suit what I play well(blues, soul,reggae).

I like portable but really Im a strapping young(ish) lad and until I cant, weights not really an issue.

worth the trade.....I know in the end its up to the ear but is the trade worth it value wise, a step up or latteral at best for tone and versitlity.

help a brother out I know many of you guys rock the svt any cons to this amp you can see. oh I would be playing my 77 musicman stingray or 84 GandL SB-1

thx
    jim

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Nothing special about a 3pro, they're common, you can find them all the time should you ever want one.

I could see trading a combo for an amp head if the combo couldn't handle your gigs but according to you, it can, and it's "SWEET" so why? Especially since you already have a big rig to cover whatever the combo can't.

3. Darkonar

Darkonar

Dec 14, 2011
    Chile
    keep your stuff... and maybe get the svt, just for the fun of having more gear ^^

4. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    Sounds like kind of a pointless move to me. Is it one of the newer 715s? If it has the same power section as the 12xx series combos it should have plenty of guts to get the job done.

If anything, maybe just get a Trace 1518 to go with the combo. Or the 1518c if you want something a little more compact.