Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What to do with my Hartke Transporter 115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Feb 28, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've been using a Peavey Mark III into a Hartke Transporter 115 for about six months now. And There is some sort of hum that I am assuming is coming from the cab when I dig into my basses. I've tried changing the cabinet position, taking the head down, changing cables, take the cabinet apart and look inside of it. Nothing I do seems to fix it. What might it be? It'd really help me as I am getting rid of this thing for an SWR Goliath Sr in month or so.

~Patrick

2. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    first you should isolate the source of the problem. try plugging the amp into another cab and vice versa. also try a different bass, instrument cables, etc.

it may not be the cab. let us know the results.

-erik

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I am pretty sure it is the cab. I used to biamp it with a Randall 210 Road Warrior. The Randall sounded perfectly fine, which I regret giving up. I've try all three of my basses through it, a P, Jazz, and Ergodyne. I've swithched the cables, with 3', 6', and 18'. I'm dead on sure it is the cab. Quite possibly the speaker. Which I'd hate since I hope to trade it in soon.

~Patrick

4. Is it a "hum" or a "rattle"? Often, if it's a hum, it's actually the amp, not the cab.
    Does it sound like a blown speaker?

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Its hum. I am almost positive it is the cab. I doubt the speaker is blown, because I haven't turned the head up past 4 and never even gigged. Its not a hum like static or such, but only when I play. The heavier and hard I play ( I use picks), the louder the hum. Any clues at all?

~Patrick

6. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Maybe its your ears.

:D :D sorry its friday and I had to do it.

7. Try opening up your cab and checking that all your speakers are tightened down. Also check wiring.
    I had the same prob a few weeks ago. My Trace 410 was rattling whenever I played an E (open or otherwise). My guitarist and I opened up my cab and tightened everything and the rattling went away.

8. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Nope. I tightened up all the screws in the cab and took it apart. I can't see anything wrong. Perhaps it is the head. But I still think its the cab itself. Can someone gimme some tips for both the head and cab to stop it from humming.

~Patrick