1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to do with my old Rockbass Corvette...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrickIsRed, Sep 16, 2008.

1. BrickIsRed

BrickIsRed

Sep 16, 2008
    Since I bought a Warwick Corvette STD, my Rockbass Corvette has been gathering dust.

I love everything about the Rockbass except the sound, so maybe a pickups upgrade would help?

2. You have a Warwick, so why would you want a Rockbass? Personally, i dislike Rockbass necks. Id sell it.

3. BrickIsRed

BrickIsRed

Sep 16, 2008
    Well, it weighs less, is low maintenance and sometimes I might gig with it if I fear my Warwick might get stolen.

4. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Maybe sell the Rockbass and use that money to get a Squier Vintage Modified... they are under $300, sound pretty good for the price, and you have a bass you won't be too upset about if it were stolen (well, at least not as upset as the Warwick...)

5. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Changing the pickups would be a good move. Is the Rockbass and active model? If so, you could change the preamp as well, if not, you could add one :D

6. Rockbasses have the same pickups as any warwick model, so changing pickups would be silly. I say keep it as a backup, you never know when you'd need one.

7. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    Screw some hooks into it and make a pretty sweet coat rack.

8. BrickIsRed

BrickIsRed

Sep 16, 2008
    Can you suggest any pickups that would fit? Yes, it's active.

9. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Not sure. I suspect that the Rockbass uses a lesser quality of electronics than its more expensive cousin. Maybe you could upgrade to those....

10. BrickIsRed

BrickIsRed

Sep 16, 2008
    People say the Rockbass pickups and electronics are the exact same as Warwick, but the Rockbass starts to hiss if you boost the EQ so I suspect there's definitely something different.

11. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Sell it. It's an inferior version of your current bass. Even if you upgraded the pickups, would you play it instead of your Corvette?

12. w33nie

w33nie

Jan 27, 2008
    Defret?

13. BrickIsRed

BrickIsRed

Sep 16, 2008
    I might if I'm in a situation where it could get damaged or worse. It also weighs less, which is handy because sometimes I do a lot of traveling and it could be on my back for hours.