1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What to do With my Pick Holder?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CauliColin, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Got a £2.50 Dunlop pick holder, and am wanting to put it somewhere with easy access (I am thinking on the belt) and therefore making a clip out of stuff around the house. I am stuck for ideas, so help would be great!

2. Double sided no residue tape on the back of your headstock?

3. Mike stand ?

4. Facing out, just below your strap on your picking hand side.

5. top or front face of your amp so you can just reach back and grab another...

I vote NO on the mic stand, you're bound to forget it at the club unless you take your own stand. I also vote NO on anywhere on your bass, as the tape could leave a nasty residue on your finish.

6. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    Toss it and shove your picks under your pickguard! Isn't that what it's for?;).

On a serious note, on the side or top of your amp would be convenient and not goop up your basses finish.

7. I am not wanting to put it on my bass, and I have no pickguard.

8. Put it on your strap.

9. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    With my Schecter, I found that I can shove a pick or two next to the pickup in the small gap left by the route. This would only work if you have soapbar pickups though:p

I never really use picks, so I only need one or two on me at a show. I'm not sure of what exactly your playing style is, so you might need more picks than me.

10. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Rubber Dunlop pick holders that slip on a mic stand cost less than $10. After the show, take it off the mic stand and put it in your bass case.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Thats what I used to do. It was something like 6" long, so I cut it in half and let my guitarist use the other half.

12. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis

I too cut mine in half and gave the other half to my guitarist. He uses the slide holder too though, so I ended up just getting a couple new ones. Still have the other half one lying around for a spare though.

13. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Funny enough, both my guitarist and I lost our halves of the pickholder. That was years ago.
    A few years I stopped using picks, so I no longer have a need for it.

14. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    I have a pick holder stuck to the front of my amp and have a mic stand pick holder, between those two I always have picks for a gig when I need them. As others have said I too have seen them taped to the back of head stocks and front and back of the bass body.

15. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I have one of the rubber wedgies pick holders that goes just above the nut. It fit perfectly on my Ray5, but not so well on my Sadowsky (the string retainer doesn't jive too well with it).