1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to do with my POD?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by linuscore, Oct 6, 2010.

1. linuscore

linuscore

May 27, 2009
    Hello everyone I wanted to see if I could get some suggestions on a little dilemma I have.

I have just recently got into a situation where I need to get a bass head, I have a Line6 Bass POD XT PRO with everything including an FBV footswitch and was selling it for $300 dlls (since the unit cost me $450 at the time). A few days ago someone offered me $160 dlls and a Digitech BP80 for the POD.

I went to guitar center (in San Diego, CA) one day and they offered me $150 dlls tops for the POD (this was before I bought the footswitch).

I'm heading out to Guitar Center this weekend to check out what's on sale.

What should I do?

Should I take the $160 dlls and Digitech BP80 or See if Guitar Center might offer me a little more than last time?

Hell!! if anyone has a good bass head to trade, I'll be heading to Guitar Center (San Diego, CA) this weekend. Let's make a deal.

Thanks.

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    If you like the POD, why not just get a power amp and run the POD through it as your preamp?
    As far as both of those "deals" are concerned, I'd personally pass on both of them. The BP80 is a horrible effect (IMHO), and GC won't offer you anything more than maybe 50% of what they can actually sell it in-store for.

Also, trade deals need to be done in the classifieds forums (requires silver supporting member status, which is a very affordable $20 a year to continue the livelihood of this forum. ;))

3. linuscore

linuscore

May 27, 2009
    I do like the POD but as of right now I don't have the cash to get a power amp :(
    That's the reason why I'm looking to sell/trade it.

I didn't realize I had to pay for posting stuff like that, sorry :S
    I apologize.

Can I donate if i'm from Mexico?

4. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Absolutely!
    And no harm done, I'm just trying to keep the mods off your back. ;)

The payment system for supporting membership is found on the left hand side under the "My TalkBass" link at the top of the forum page (or near your profile when you are on the homepage). It runs through Paypal, so any currency is automatically exchanged through them to the correct currency. However, you might want to watch the exchange rates to see when the ideal time to sign up is if you want to go that route.

5. linuscore

linuscore

May 27, 2009
    I'll have to check the exchange rate...I will probably round up to like 250 pesos, no much but i'll have to save up.

And regarding the POD, I think i'll keep offering it here in my hometown, maybe someone will pick it up.

Thanks anyway man.